Saturday, November 20, 2010

HPDH

So we went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and since I'm not a great writer here are some review snippets that I agree with.
"Deathly Hallows Part 1 actually manages to be involving and kind of artful about the boredom and lonliness of heroism." -Bob Mondello (NPR)
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows lacks warmth, whimsy, playfulness and hope. And that is precisely what makes it great." -Brandon Fibbs (brandonfibbs.com)
"It's the closest the HP movies will get to a reserved character drama. My favorite parts are the tiny, dialogue-less character moments packed with emotional undercurrents." -Todd Herts (Christianity Today)
"If you think of 'Half-Blood Prince' and the two 'Deathly Hallows' entries as a trilogy that concludes the Potter saga, 'Part 1' is a terrific middle, a quietly thrilling and artful chapter."
-Eric D. Snider (Cinematical)
Hope you guys enjoyed it also. The only bad part of the night was waiting in line around rude, selfish people for a few hours. Next Potter film we're renting out a theater so we don't have to deal with idiots again. I also thought it was a little to scary for the little ones, which is a shame since I know how much my niece wants to see it, but seriously Bathilda's stare made me pratically jump into my friends lap! But otherwise very enjoyable.
Haylie

No comments:

Post a Comment