Sunday, March 20, 2011

Home Again

I got in from Michigan late last night. I miss them so much already. It doesn't feel right waking up and not getting Kinsley out of her crib. It makes me want to cry. Although I will most likely be going back to Michigan for a few weeks in May and July. When I left, Laurie was doing well, she usually starts to get her energy back a few days before going into another treatment and then it starts all over again. My sister Kelli is going there on Tuesday and will be there to take care of her through the next treatment. While I was there we did shave Laurie's head. Her hair is so thick you couldn't tell that she was losing it, but every time she combed her fingers through it she would come out with a fist full of hair. So she decided she was ready to shave it. It was an emotional experience but it's insane how pretty she still looks without hair. We've had some low points the last few weeks but mostly it's been good to be with her and feel like I'm making it a little easier for her during this hard time. And  just so everyone knows, she loves her letters. Skyler gives her one every day and she has really been enjoying it. We made a scrapbook for her to put them in and it's just been really fun for her so thanks everyone for writing them. We really appreciate it!
Love Haylie

2 comments:

  1. You are such a great sister Haylie. I'm sure this has been so hard on your family. I watched the video of you guys cutting her hair and I am amazed at how positive she is being! And you are right - she still looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys are all getting a chance to go and spend time with Laurie and help. That is awesome. I watched the video of her shaving her head... wow!!! Emotional. My boys thought it was great and want to shave my head now... uh-oh!! Good luck making your decision with school, and everything. I think of your family often, and am pretty stinkin excited to go to some movies with you girls in the near future!!!:)

    ReplyDelete